Falls are the LEADING cause of DEATH among construction workers
- 350 FATALITIES from falls occurred in the construction industry in 2015 – that is almost 1 per day.
- Workers 45-54 years of age are the most likely to DIE from a fall while working in construction.
- More than 1 in 3 fatal falls in construction were 15 FEET or LESS.
- Almost 1 in 4 fatal falls were from LADDERS.
How long does it take to fall?
- 4 feet in ½ second . . . 16 feet in 1 second . . . 64 feet in 2 seconds . . .
(BLS data 2015)
CALL TODAY IF YOUR EMPLOYEES NEED FALL PROTECTION TRAINING!!
Premier Safety Solutions
Maryland Construction Safety Consultants
PO Box 353
Taneytown, MD 21787